Sunday, November 15, 2009

Take off



We wanted to see the ocean already during the small "election day" break, but as a good worker/student I of course got ill during the break. The flew didn't last long, so we got to have that take off last weekend. We were supposed to wake up early on Saturday morning, but as we got two German guys to visit us, we didn't go until Sunday. Saturday night we spent in a bar in East Village, listening to the music from NuBlu jazz festival. There was even a drum player who had recorded with Miles Davis in the 70's... Oh well, that's another story.

But on Sunday morning we woke up, took the subway to LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) at Penn Station. By the train we ended up at the Bayshore station from where we walked a mile or so to the ferry that would take us to Fire Island. Yeii, we would see the waves! We also got a really sun shiny day. Because I was a bit afraid I would not stay healthy, I was dressed in a winter jacket (the so called Michelin jacket).

Oh boy, we forgot the noisy Manhattan streets as soon as the ferry took off. It was so refreshing to breath the ocean air! Of course I was also excited about all the furry passengers on the boat, as much eager to get on the beach as I was. There was e.g. Cleo the wheaten terrier. The rest of the passengers were quite white, upper middle or even higher class people that had/rented/visited the houses on the beach.


When the boat arrived, we walked on the Atlantic side of the beach. By crossing the island we passed many funny looking houses someone had constructed there. In the summer time the island is apparently crowded: families and young people that come in groups to party. On the shore the houses were really fancy - the architects have done their best to constuct those beach houses.


We just walked on the beach, enjoyed the sun and made a collection of shells. We also had a picnic there. Unfortunately the animals that I normally so much like caused us a little headache: as we were eating, suddenly a big golden retriever showed up. I saw it was looking at our sandwiches and told him: "NO!". So s/he decided to grab one really quickly and as doing so threw some sand on our lunch. As I ran after it, I heard the owner screaming "Oh I'm so sorry!"... Well, the dog looked like s/he has done it some times. I wonder who had let it do so.


As I'm writing this text now I can still remember the salty ocean air. Changing the scene once in a while does you good. It's also good to know that there is something more here than just the big city.

We try to find a new apartment here. Please cross your fingers so that you'll have a place to sleep in when you come visit us! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things. I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

    ReplyDelete