Sunday, March 7, 2010

A few Manhattan’s peculiarities:

  • In the subway: You should not be surprise by seeing an eighty years old lady, a few months old baby in his stroller or a teenager in a school uniform in the train at 2AM. The evident difference in the statistic of passengers according to the moment of the day known from other cites do not apply to NYC subway. At any time during the day and night you can meet there as well young and old, busy and bored, hurrying up to work or coming back from parties. It’s a real population focus of the “city that newer sleeps”, of course apart from those who use only cabs or private chauffeurs. My favorite observation in the tube is a mass use of the I-pods or other similar items. Always at least half of my co-passengers (not only the youngest ones) entertain themselves with games, music, videos release be their gadgets. The funny thing is that usually they start to swing or even move according to rhythm delivered by their earphones. So in one wagon you can have a quite big group of people, each of them swaying in own rhythm, and unconsciously reacting all-together to the motion of the train. Sometimes it truly looks like a well designed choreography. And it offers my preferred game of guessing who is listening to what.
  • It is rare to notice drunken people on the streets. They are of course but they don’t stand out. By walking around it’s hard to say where are the parting spots – the groups of tired party-goers are not very visible, even in Greenwich Village or East Village. Well, maybe beside of the cabs’ concentration near the hottest places.
  • The same is with the smokers. The cigarettes are not as exposed as in stores in Europe; it’s the candies that you can find by the cash box. It’s so rarely that I notice the cigarettes smoke on the street that usually it takes me a while to recognize it form the canalization, the garbage, the traffic or the other people smells. And even there is a ban for smoking in the restaurants and the pubs; there are no smoking groups by the doors; even though it’s not so cold here.

L.

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things. I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

    ReplyDelete